Privacy Injury Liability
Covers information in the insured’s care for privacy injury resulting from security breaches, mistakes and unauthorized employee acts. Includes coverage for all applicable privacy laws worldwide. e.g. HIPAA, Gramm-Leach-Biley Act, SB 1386, Data Protection Act.
Covers unauthorized disclosure of private information e.g. social security numbers, drivers license numbers, financial account numbers, credit/debit card numbers etc. resulting from a breach of network security.
- Covers the Insured’s costs to notify others if they suspect a security breach or compromise of their private information.
- Covers the Insured’s costs to comply with any applicable privacy law or regulation if a regulatory authority notifies them that they may be noncompliant.
- Covers first-dollar loss, with no deductibles or co-insurance.
- Covers damage to information residing on insured’s network, including insured’s own information, upon which others rely, residing on a network.
- Covers others’ information on insured’s network.
- Covers network interruption or customers’ inability to access or use insured’s network or their network if interruption is caused by insured.
- Covers theft or unauthorized disclosure of others’ information on insured’s network.
- Covers disruption of or damage to others’ networks and information thereupon, if caused by insured.